Painterlog.com logo
"Talent works, genius creates."
- Robert Schumann
paintings and art-collection blog

paintings and art-collection blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

ANTIQUE PRINTS - J.W. Wright


"She's beautiful, and therefore to be woo'd She is a woman, therefore to be won "
***
" I thank God I am not a woman, to be touched with so many giddy offences as He hath generally taxed their whole sex withal."
***
"One woman is fair, yet I am well; another is wise, yet I am well; another virtuous, yet I am well; but till all graces be in one woman, one woman shall not come in my grace." 
***
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players." - William Shakespeare

 The female characters of Shakespeare

Ophelia. Hamlet.
Princess of France. love s Laber.
Beatrice. Much Ado.


Silvia. Two Gentelmen.
Imogen. Cimbeline.
Lady Grey. King Henry VI.
Mrs Page  Merry Wives.  Two Gentelmen.
Queen Margaret. King Henry VI.
Celia.  As You Like It.
Helena. All s Well.
Isabella. Measure for measure.
Lady Anne.  King Richard III.
Marianna. Measure for measure.
Poritia. Julius Cesar.
Portia. Merchant of Venice.




No comments :

Post a Comment