Painterlog.com logo
"Talent works, genius creates."
- Robert Schumann
paintings and art-collection blog

paintings and art-collection blog

Friday, May 24, 2013

Bouguereau William Adolphe (French artist, 1825-1905)


"Each day I go to my studio full of joy; in the evening when obliged to stop because of darkness I can scarcely wait for the morning to come...My work is not only a pleasure, it has become a necessity. No matter how many other things I have in my life, ifI cannot give myself to my dear painting I am miserable." -William Bouguereau 
Head of a Young Girl
 "One has to seek Beauty and Truth, Sir! As I always say to my pupils, you have to work to the finish. There's only one kind of painting. It is the painting that presents the eye with perfection, the kind of beautiful and impeccable enamel you find in Veronese and Titian." - William Bouguereau, 1895
Adornment fields
Irene
Girl bouquet
The Prayer
Young Girl and Child

Madame la Comtesse de Cambaceres
Chilly girl
Little Ophelia
The Palm Leaf
Laurel Branch
Daisies 
Sewing 
The Goose Girl
In  Penitence
The Curtsey 
Before The Bath
Young Shepherdess Standing



No comments :

Post a Comment